Kids Tone ® is a Physiotherapy and Pilates based exercise programme for children that has been developed and written by Kay McLorn, Chartered Physiotherapist and Pilates Instructor.
This exciting one day CPD course has been designed for those Physiotherapists and Pilates Instructors who want to work with children and develop their exercise routine.
The course contains lectures relating to the importance of developing good postural habits from and early age. Joseph Pilates has written at length in his book ‘Your Health’ on ‘educating the child first’.
The exercises and class programmes are appropriate for children from 4-5 years and can be implemented on a one to one basis or in a group/class setting.
Go on an exciting adventure!
At the end of this course you learn and understand:
- current issues facing our children today and difficulties in being physically active
- the government’s strategy for increasing physical activity for children and young people
- Fundamental movement skills and factors which may influence this
- How to adapt your teaching skills to work with this population group
- How to effectively plan an appropriate exercises session for children both on an individual basis and in a group setting
- The use of visualisation in teaching exercises to children
Chartered Physiotherapists with experience in working with children or Pilates Instructors who have completed a foundation mat course with a recognised Pilates Training provider. If you are unsure if you meet the desired requirements for registration for this course please contact us.
Course Cost – Basic £149
Course Cost – Including License and Resource Pack to run KidsTone Classes £199
In order to register for this course please complete the contact form beside this text and press the “Send” button. A member of the Blackstone team will then be in contact with you in order to arrange payment.